If you have ever attempted to sell your home in Louisville you probably know that it can be both an exciting and stressful venture. Under the best circumstances your home may fly off the market leaving you with the cash you were after and an easy transition into your next investment; but under poor circumstances you may be left with your home on the market for months or even years costing you money and headache.
As of today, the average amount of time a property sits on the market in the Louisville Kentucky area is 64 days however this number varies widely from home to home. 64 days isn’t a terribly long time compared to the rest of the country but it can still feel like a lifetime If you have found yourself in a position in which you need to sell your home fast such as: a foreclosure, probate, or any other pressing matter. At 2nd Wind Properties we understand how important selling home on a specific timeline can be, thats why we have put together a quick list of actionable steps you can take to speed up the process.
How to quickly sell your home.
1 Get Your Home On MLS
A multiple listing service (MLS) is a service used by a group of real estate brokers. They band together to create an MLS that allows each of them to see one another’s listings of properties for sale. MLS’s give the selling broker more exposure, and they provide the broker representing the buyer with more options.
2 Consider a Realtor
Realtors specialize in the sale and purchase of properties on behalf of their clients. Utilizing a realtor can drastically decrease sale time as they can use their network of buyers and resources in addition to getting your property listed on MLS. Realtors of course come with fees but many sellers find the work they do to be invaluable.
No brainier right? Still, putting up a for sale sign in the front yard is one of the most powerful ways of letting potential buyers know your home is on the market.
4 Word of Mouth
Utilize your marketing channels: social media, neighborhood association, friends, church etc. Chances are there is someone in your network who is interested in buying or knows someone who may be interested.
5 Consider a Wholeseller
A Wholeseller will allow you to skip the hassle of dealing with mls, would-be buyers, realtor fees, home inspections, long wait times, and all of the headache associated with selling your home! At 2nd Wind we can offer you a fair cash offer on the spot! No hidden fees or costly closing duties. We purchase 100s of homes every year from sellers who no longer find it equitable to own their home.
What kind of houses we buy:
- Willed estates
- Abandoned/ neglected homes
- Fixer uppers
- Apartment Buildings
- Farm houses
- ….And so much more
Our ideal seller:
- Individuals in foreclosure or soon to be.
- Someone who has unwanted tenants.
- Someone who owns a vacant or abandoned property.
- Someone who inherited a property they cannot afford payments on
- Someone who has let a property fall in to disrepair
- Someone who wants to get rid of a rental property
- An individual getting rid of a property in a divorce
- An executer of a will dividing estate assets
- Someone who is embarrassed of the state of their property
- Someone who needs to close fast
- We pay cash
- We cover most normal closing costs
- We buy directly from you-meaning no commissions for you to pay
- We purchase your house “as is,” so you don’t need to make any repairs or do any cleaning
- We can usually close in your time frame
- We have a respected reputation, and work hard to maintain our strong regional brand through our systems and standards.
Ready to sell your house? Contact us today!